10 YEARS OF GEMS in YONSEI (since 2009)
GEMS lab focuses on Geo-energy and Geo-materials including the carbon dioxide sequestration, geothermal energy, hydraulic stimulation, and their engineering implications. We try to explore the challenging and unanswered topics to expand our knowledge and to produce the distinguished and creative young scholars in Geotechnical engineering.
Research area investigated by GEMS includes;
- Deep-learning based analysis of geotechnical visions and constitutive laws
- Bio-mediated soil, hydraulic stimulation in rocks
- Optimization and characterization of multi-phase fluid flow (e.g., contaminants, hydrocarbon recovery and storage)
- Sustainable and tunable engineered soils
- Geophysical characterization
We are currently moving to the new scope - "Digital Geotechnics" based on big-data, deep learning, geotechnical images, and high-performance computing.